Inspiration to Get You ‘Big Kev’ excited about marketing
I’m on holidays next week. Just for one week. I’m not doing anything special but heck I’m looking forward to it.
It’s been a busy few months with the launch of my online marketing course and some exciting times with my clients.
The thing about holidays though is that you madly try to get as much work done as you can before you go on leave, so you can have a holiday. By the time you get to your holiday you’re stuffed!
Well that’s where I’m at. I have hit holiday preparation fatigue and need to write a blog post.
So here is a collection of inspirational marketing quotes to keep us ALL inspired. Enjoy!
1. “The objective of all advertising is to buy new customers at a profit. Learn what your customers cost and what they buy…spend all of your ammunition where it counts.” Claude Hopkins-Scientific Advertising (1923)
2. “In marketing I’ve seen only one strategy that can’t miss – and that is to market to your best customers first, your best prospects second and the rest of the world last.” John Romero
3. “Good marketers see consumers as complete human beings with all the dimensions real people have.” Jonah Sachs
4. “Our jobs as marketers are to understand how the customer wants to buy and help them do so.” Bryan Eisenberg
5. “Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication” Leonardo Da Vinci
6. “’Build it, and they will come’ only works in the movies. Social Media is a ‘build it, nurture it, engage them and they may come and stay’.” Seth Godin
7. “A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is — it is what consumers tell each other it is.” Scott Cook
8. “As you’ve noticed, people don’t want to be sold. What people do want is news and information about the things they care about.” Larry Weber
9. “Marketing is telling the world you’re a rock star. Content marketing is showing the world you are one.” Robert Rose
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
10. “Marketing is too important to be left to the marketing department.” David Packard
To stay in the know about my writing projects and to receive regular writing tips and content like this, sign up here.
- The Dance Off: Flash Fiction - March 13, 2023
- The Frontier: Flash Fiction - February 14, 2023
- The Ultimater: Flash Fiction - January 16, 2023
One thought on “Inspiration to Get You ‘Big Kev’ excited about marketing”
Have a happy holiday – stay in your pyjamas all day – drink mojitas any time at all – throw the clock out the window and remember: If you find that you take your horse to water and he won't drink, lace his food with salt.
Comments are closed.