Turn Your Marketing Around Today with 5 Questions
Here’s how to turn your whole marketing strategy around with 5 simple questions.
- What’s your point of difference? Call it your unique or best selling point or point of difference, it doesn’t really matter, as long as you know exactly why people should buy your products, services or ideas instead of someone else’s. If you can summarise your offering in three key messages, even better. If you can’t do that yet, it’s time to working on your brand and positioning story.
- Who is your ideal customer(s)? What are they like? How well do you know them? Can you really describe them? You need to identify a a customer persona that best fits your ideal customer profile. I’m talking about the kind of customer you want to target. The one that wants your product or services, the way you offer them. The ones that pay on time and are great to do business with.
- What marketing activities have worked? ongoing monitoring and evaluation is critical to marketing success. What worked last year, or last week even, may not necessarily work today. Never embark on new activities though without knowing how you will determine your success.
- What marketing activities haven’t worked? If after monitoring and evaluation, you find something is still working, keep doing it. However if it’s stopped working, find out why, and change it or stop doing it.
- What marketing activities do you want to try? Don’t be scared to try out new ideas. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up-to-date with all the different marketing options and advancements such as digital marketing. So sign up to blogs like this one. Read magazines and articles about marketing. Keep abreast of what your competition is doing. Most importantly, never go into a marketing activity without understanding what you are trying to achieve and who you are targeting.
To stay in the know about my writing projects and to receive regular writing tips and content like this, sign up here.