The Big Bad Truth about Blogging and Content Marketing and Why Your Business Should care
Content marketing and blogging remains one of the most effective marketing strategies for businesses.
Your online content has never mattered more.
In fact it REALLY matters. The Content Marketing Institute cites numerous studies that show:
- Small businesses with blogs get 126% more leads than businesses without blogs.
- 77% of internet users read blogs.
- 61% of consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.
- Websites with blog content have 434% more search-engine indexed pages – making your business easier to find on Google.
- Content marketing generates 3 times the leads and 6 times the conversions, while costing 62% less than other marketing methods.
I know this first-hand because I regularly work with global marketing specialists and agencies. I also ghost-write for one of the world’s leading Content Marketing Experts, featured numerous times in Forbes magazine.
So what’s BAD about what I’m telling you?
It’s not bad if your business already has a content marketing and blogging strategy.
However, if you aren’t creating and distributing valuable content – preferably original content – then you may be missing out on valuable lead generation and sales opportunities.
I’m not talking about advertisements or blatant brand promotion. I’m talking about useful and interesting content, such as blog or online articles, relevant to your target audience.
The intention of the content, of course, is to stimulate interest in your brand and result in the reader taking an action, but this is achieved by being helpful as opposed to salesy.
How to Get Started
You can get high quality blog articles and online content in a cinch – and it will only take 10 minutes of your time.